For the purpose of the General data Protection Regulations 2018 ("the Regulations"), the data controller is Wheatley PLC, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00808193 and whose registered office is at Wheatley House, Dunhams Lane, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1BE.Wheatley PLC is the data controller and sole owner of the data collected on this website and is registered. We are registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA204878.
By using this website you agree that we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Via our website, including any information you provide in registering for any information such as sales or letting particulars, newsletters or completing on-line forms. Specific pages and forms on our website will invite you to register your interest in a particular development or a specific type of property you might be looking to buy along with your contact details and other information about yourself.
- Via email including email addresses and another electronic messages.
- Via responses to surveys we might ask you to complete.
In registering with us, an email will be sent to us accordingly which will of course identify you and notify us of your details. In each instance of registration, the purpose for which you are invited to give us the information is set our clearly. All essential items of information that we will require of you as a user of the website, such as an email address or contact phone number will be highlighted by an asterisk (*).
- Via any online and/or direct marketing.
Information we collect about you.
Personal details including name, address, email address and telephone number.
Online payment information.
We will not hold any of your information for any longer period of time than we are statutorily allowed to.
How we use this information.
To provide you with information or services you request from us or which may be of interest to you such as a specific development you are interested in and those similar we may have available at that time.
To monitor website usage.
To provide you with marketing information where you have consented to be contacted for such purpose.
To notify you about changes to our services.
Disclosure of your information.
We will often have a need to disclose personal information in order to carry our daily business, however will not disclose your data to any third party not directly appropriate or pertinent to our business.
We may need to disclose personal information we have collected or which you have provided to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, restructuring or sale of some or all of Wheatley's assets.
We may disclose personal information you have provided to fulfil the purpose for which you have instructed us.
We may disclose personal information you have provided for any law enforcement, legal, regulatory or statutory obligation.
If you tell us you wish to attend a sales or site event, your name may appear on a list which we provide to other invitees at the event, we ask invitees not to use these lists other than for information purposes.
Access to your information
The Regulations give you the right to access information held about you. Please see below for contact details.
Any questions or requests regarding this policy, the personal information we may hold about you or the removal/deletion of your that information should be addressed to 'The Data Protection Officer', Wheatley PLC, Wheatley House, Dunhams Lane, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1BE.
We hope that would be able to resolve any issue you may have over the information about we have collected directly we you. However should you feel it is necessary to complain about any aspect of the information we have held about you, The General date Protection regulation gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority relevant to the United Kingdom at the time of the complaint. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the 'Information Commissioner', who can be contacted via www.ico.org.uk.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operation system and browser type.
Our website creates a cookie (a small piece of computer code) which is sent to and stored on your computer's hard drive containing a unique session identifier. This identifier is used record site usage statistics, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to our website before and what site referred that visitor to the web page.
We use this information to calculate how many times our website has been visited and when, identify which areas of our site are visited the most, ensure ease of use and improve the website and the services provided.
The above applies to all visitors of our website whether they have registered or not. A user will not be identified by the information collected.
Wheatley PLC, last updated September 2018.
The following terms apply to your use of our:
• Publications - electronic and printed material made available by Wheatley PLC and any of its subsidiary companies through this website
• Documents - any form, or other documents created by Wheatley PLC and provided by us for your use
By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that:
1. Wheatley PLC acting on behalf of its subsidiary companies such as Wheatley Homes Limited owns the copyright in the content of the website, the publications and the documents. You may download and print content from the website, publications and documents solely for your own purposes and/or personal use. You must not copy, reproduce or use the website, publication or document content for any other reason. You must not change or redistribute the content of the website or any publication, or reproduce, link, or frame it on any other website without the express written permission of Wheatley PLC. You must not use the content of the website, any publication or document for commercial exploitation.
2. We provide content on this website, in web pages, publications and in documents for general information purposes and as an illustration of our developments and expertise generally. Such content does not constitute an invitation to treat or an offer for sale. If you have a question about the content of the website, any publication or document, please contact us using one of the ‘Contact Us’ tabs which are to be found on various pages throughout the website.
3. Wheatley PLC and its subsidiary companies provides all content on the website in good faith but any use of it is at the user’s own risk. Wheatley PLC gives no warranty or representation that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date and has no liability for its use. Wheatley PLC has no obligation to provide any information to supplement, update or correct information provided on the website or in any document provided and made available to download or print.
4. All developments, property types and imagery presented on the site are purely and solely representational only.
4.1 Artistic impressions are either drawn freehand or electronically produced to give an indicative perspective of any individual property, terrace of properties or apartment block building design.
4.2 Photographs are from Wheatley’s property developments both previous and current and are intended to show typical fixtures, fittings and external appearances.
4.3 Development layouts do not show final details of gradients of land, boundary treatments, local authority street lighting or landscaping. We aim to build according to the layout, but it may be necessary to change house designs, boundary types and positions, landscaping details, the routes of roads and footpaths, location of street lighting and other features as the development progresses.
4.4 The dimensions stated on the floor plans of any Wheatley home are approximate and are taking from scaled architectural drawings and allow for a +/- tolerance of approximately 5mm (2 inches): each property is built individually and so the precise measurements may vary from those shown and to others that are of a similar design and layout. Every endeavour is made to make sure the dimensions stated are as accurate as possible. The dimensions stated are to the maximum length and unless stated otherwise will include any fitted wardrobes, bay windows and other features. Where sloping ceilings are evident we will endeavour to demonstrate where these will impact in any given room space.
4.5 Any furniture, soft furnishings, wall/floor coverings and pendant light fittings provided in any of our show units are not part of the standard fixtures and finishes specification. Additional items may have been fitted to a show unit which will also not be available in your own new home. For further information, please contact the relevant marketing suite at the development you are interested in.
5. All the prices shown on our website are guide prices, which are correct at the time of being published but can be subject to change without notice. Please contact the relevant marketing suite at the development for the current price listing.
6. Wheatley Homes Limited may offer buyer assistance schemes. As these are both development and plot specific, please contact the relevant marketing suite for details of what type of buyer assistance scheme, if any, is available at the development you are interested in.
7. While Wheatley PLC takes reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses and other malicious programs on its website, no warranties are given that this website is free from such viruses or programs and Wheatley PLC accepts no liability for any that may exist from time to time. Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software. Information sent via the website will pass over public telecommunications networks. Wheatley PLC makes no representation or warranty that the website will operate without interruption or error and disclaims all liability for interruptions and errors.
8. This website and may contain links to other websites. Wheatley PLC accepts no responsibility or liability for:
8.1 Any material supplied by or contained on any third party website linked from or to this website, or any publications or documents obtained from such third party website; or
8.2 The use of any personal data by such third party.
9. Each limit or disclaimer of liability in these Terms limits or disclaims liability in contract, for negligence or arising on any other basis (except for liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation). Wheatley PLC shall not be liable for any damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business, loss of profits or loss of personal income) arising from the use of this website or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this website or any such material.
Wheatley PLC, last updated September 2021.